This professional development activity will focus on the health challenges faced by the LGBTQ+ population and the impact of implicit bias on their healthcare outcomes. Nurses and other health care professionals will be provided with strategies they can use to build safe environments where LGBTQ+ people can seek and receive equitable and quality health care services.
- Describe the LGBTQ population in terms of sexual and gender minority identities
- Explain the health disparities and burdens faced by LGBTQ populations
- Identify what constitutes implicit bias in the LGBTQ+ population
- Synthesize how implicit bias affect the healthcare of the LGBTQ+ population
- Apply culturally congruent strategies when working with the LGBTQ+ people in healthcare settings
Successful completion of learning activity:
Participants who complete the pre-assessment questions, view the recorded webinar in its entirety, complete the post-assessment/evaluation form, and pass the post-test with 80% or higher, will receive an electronic certificate via email. RNs completing the activity will receive 2.0 contact hours of continuing education.
Approved as required Michigan license renewal implicit bias content.
The Michigan Nurses Association (MNA) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
You must complete the pre-assessment questions before viewing the presentation per LARA Implicit Bias training requirements. After the form has been submitted, you will be taken to the presentation page.